June 19, 2016
Quandary Peak
West Ridge
Having only known Laura for a few weeks, we had decided that we wanted to get out on a peak together so she invited me to meet her at the cabin after she had run a marathon for the Leadman series in Leadville. Both her and her brother, Brian, were competing for the title of Leadman for the second time so they figured it was no big deal to climb a 14er the day after a marathon. I arrived to the cabin late to a slightly intoxicated and absolutely hilarious Laura. Brian seemed to take it all in as usual and just relaxed in the lazy boy and chatted with me.
The following morning we headed out to climb our mountain. I took off, thinking I'd have to push to keep up but Laura being hung over and Brian just taking it easy made me slow down to a reasonable pace for the day. We made the summit and called our fathers for Father's Day then proceed to run down the standard route. I learned that day that I would never be as fast at descending anything as this woman was!
Not a bad way to spend a weekend with someone who says they like to go on adventures!
Explore With Us
Home Mountains
Canyoneering
Popular Posts
-
Thursday August 17, 2017 The Matterhorn Weather had been terrible for several weeks leading up to our trip to Switzerland. 70 cm ...
-
August 20, 2017 Eiger Mountain, Switzerland Mittellegi Ridge Integrale Almost two weeks ago Laura and I were run off the Eiger by an inc...
-
July 23, 2017 Zeb’s Arête, Pikes Peak 5.6 700’ For the second weekend in a row Laura and I were headed up to Pikes Peak. This tim...
-
August 7, 2017 Eiger Mountain, Switzerland Part 1 We finally made it! Almost a year of planning had finally gotten us to Switzerland! We ...
-
Patagonia, Chile Torres del Paine National Park November 17 - 26, 2017 Summertime in South America. The shoulder season is aro...